Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WHAT A ZOMBIFIED MORNING

It was almost 2.00 am, 19 May 2009 .. and darn it, I can't sleep :( [no it was not my insomnia .. i actually had a good deep sleep].

Shouting voices originated from unhappy couple living in next building, a good hundred yards away, basically jolted me awake ... darn! darn! darn!

So what's the spontaneous thing to do ... hands reach out to handphone, a quick flick of the fingers and !yikes! the sms were sent out. Sorry aaa!!! I forgot .. it is 2.00am not 2.00pm. But I was surprised to get a return reply .. though short and brisk. Sorry again bro .. didn't mean to disturb you .. ;)

So, now that I can't chat / sms .... decided to finish my presentation slides due by noon the same day. I have been working on this presentation since January. The challenge is to make the slides simple, argument believable and budget request that would not create a big hole in the company's account vault (or make bosses faint on their feet, whichever is sooner).

I basically ran out of ideas and almost dozed off. Suddenly, I thought I heard my boss voice,"75% accuracy point" ... whoaa, my eyes and otak reacted overtime ...

Aaaarrrggghhh!! It is 3 am and my slides is still in page 6 for the last 30 minutes ... omigosh .. help! help! help! ..I paced my room floor like an injured panther .. basically my tired brain went totally blurry .... Suddenly, an idea came and I finally add the pages ...

Somehow, somewhere between page 20 and 21 .. I fell asleep again .. but oh boy, I was jolted back into the living world when a skeleton in a bag moved softly and call out my name .. I actually woke up from my nightmare half screaming my ummi's name ... hehehe ...

Thats how bad the slides affected me .. sigh .. but finished my work I did .. at darn 4.20am .. and more darn darn darn .. it will be harder to sleep now, but 6am, awake I did.

Scenario in the office, at exactly 10 am, presentation was made by zombified me. Lo and behold, the presentation was accepted (my jaw actually dropped wide with surprise), with my boss saying, this is definitely more than 75% expected [huuu .. by this time, I'm in cloud 9]

I am just so happy with a thought of I am being helped by invisible hands ....

2 comments:

Hasnah said...

Hahhaah..berbaloiiii..now u go to sleep!!!

Rausse said...

it was a good eventful day ... i hope more to come .. and would wish the same for you too ..