Monday, June 01, 2009

DE PROGRAMME

Day 1

Ehem (clearing throat for a serious info sharing ... seriously)

At 9:00 am as planned, the second top management man came to officiate the program. [but before that .. went through a panic stricken moment becoz the OHP is not thereeee, no one informed me and late findings, the hotel provides at a fee of RM600 - argh leeches - but luckily Dr. V has one for contigency moments like this >mental note .. nothing comes in complete perfect-full package .. sounds like any human relations ... heehee]

The ice-breaking session went through great .. participation was 111% .. every one warms up but I was sweating as if I've been running for 10km not stop .. in my mind .. ok what else can go wrong ... By noon, every body is in fire-up motion ... enjoying their lunch ..

Afternoon session .. move them from a big room to a smaller room, went through well, no complaints too .. and my CAs are looking forward for tomorrow ...

Now I can breath .. aaarrrggghhh .. run home (drive lah .. I don't have rocket-powered feet), packed the bag, to sleep at the hotel for the next 2 days .... reached hotel, unpacked ... arrrrgggghhhhh ... I forgot the most basic essentials of essentials to complete a full clothing ...


arrrgghhh .. i forgot to bring my jilbab pinlah .. what else ...


Day 2

Fresh morning .. complimentary breakfast. Its Pantai Timur promotion, so a wee bit slightly heavy (sigh .. there goes my diet). Like Dr. V said .. a perfect diet is a C-food diet .. got it ... yes? no? don't get it ...

See-Food Diet = See Food Die-die must eat lah ... :P

Another good session day .. and my CAs are getting more 'active' in contributing jargons and innuendos and not-so innocent jokes .. chet .. shouldn't be surprise .. 70% of them above 35 years old, definitely not shy-shy lah .. furthermore they are amongst friends .. poor us 6 bulliable gals, red-ears for sure .. but of coz its only day 2, we hide our fangs and nails .. we purr before we roar.

Oo .. before I forgot, invited Nina & Hazni for traditional massage. Not me doing the massage-lah. There is the massage boutique in the hotel. So they came to enjoy them. I only book the session for them and later we had dinner at Semua House. Before that we went to a place near Dang Wangi .. happening area, forgot the name. Happy hours not for me anymore ... hehehe

Notes : probably I would consider massage-therapy as point of income when nearing retirement age .. Nina vouched I could be a good traditional masseuse .. weh .. dream on .. for ladies only :P


Day 3

CAs building expectations. building ideas. getting tooo creative. Funny lot but future programmes will be benchmarked on them :) ... sooo adorable these pakciks .

Arrgh ..what!! .. I don't need pakciks to act as my cupid, I can do well on my own .. bow and arrow in my hands, I just don't find the urgency to point and shoot yet .. arrrggghhh .. I am definitely not going to fulfill anybody's personal 'available' quota either ...

The session for today ends well .. all fire-up .. creative and innovative in presenting a quick change plan .. sayang depa ...

;) my activity tonite .. helllooooo .. Cik Nah .. jom dinner. Fuyooo .. two ladies sped to Kg Baru famous eatery area .. and actually had a good meal and chit chat on malay history ... :P Cik Nah, I am not the expert .. but I am sure I sound convincing don't you think and I love those kain tudung. Now where to find a matching purple kurung .. yikes .. :p

Day 4

Auld lang syne .. its so hard to say goodbye. Feeling so melancholic, dramatic, sentimental when at the end of the day .. one of the seniors amongst the state managers made this statement; "we appreciate what you've done and we will support everything you do".

It makes all the pain of planning and organising this programme worth every single headache and sleepless night .. so what if the boss appraisal rate last year is below satisfactory level. The rate is not going to be taken as measurement in the world after .. its in the faith that rewards will come in a different form .. never felt so appreciated like this .. am in cloud nine.

Happily go to car park .. WHAT!! .. Car won't start .. panicked for 3 seconds .. cool, cool, first put bags into the car. Chin up high .. go back to lobby (hmm .. I could ask help from cute concierge guy) .. but one of the program pakcik saw me. Why are you still here?? (sob story came-out, and and the back of my mind -definitely missed opportunity to talk to cute guy) ... so the pakciks help push and jump start car ..

Drive safely home .. car problem, think later. Mind racing with plans .. tomorrow morning go to office, do quick report, present to boss, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

I had the biggest smile stuck on my face till i went to sleep that night.

4 comments:

abanglong said...

bravo ! tahniah for the job well done.

Hasnah said...

Penat...cam marathon!!

Rausse said...

actually, friday was flat tired .. went on EL .. hehehe

and thank you for reading the long lengthy trail of 4-day events

Hasnah said...

hahahahah... shopping is thebest medicine